Who are we?
ExxonMobil, one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy providers and chemical manufacturers, develops and applies next-generation technologies to help safely and responsibly meet the world’s growing needs for energy and high-quality chemical products. In Benelux ExxonMobil has two refineries, seven chemical plants, a research & development center, a lubricant blending plant and various offices including the EAME headquarter office in Brussels.
An opportunity has become available for a dynamic and self-motivated Occupational Hygienist to join the ExxonMobil Medicine & Occupational Health Department.
This vacancy would suit either an experienced Occupational Hygienist or someone within the early stages of a professional career in Occupational Hygiene.
We search for talented men and women from diverse background and we encourage them to think independently, take initiative and be innovative.
What will you do?
As an Occupational Hygienist you will be based at the Antwerp Refinery and provide comprehensive Occupational Hygiene services to the Manufacturing Sites in Belgium together with the IH team consisting of two IH’s and one IH coordinator.
- Perform Occupational Hygiene activities as identified in the annual work plans, including but not limited to identification, assessment and control of site health risks
- Develop annual Plans for the site or businesses (with Coordinator or Manager)
- Provide Professional Occupational Hygiene support / oversee programs and practices at assigned sites
- Implement new improvement/enhancement initiatives as directed by the Coordinator/Manager
- Provide OIMS ( = Operation Integrity Management System ) Health System support
- Support global common systems development, implementation and continuous improvement
- Participate in the development and local implementation of Health hazard control programs
- Participate in emerging issues analysis and resolution
For this role we are looking for candidates with:
- Degree in a science related discipline such as chemistry, engineering or environmental science
- Post academic Occupational Hygiene degree (preferred)
- Demonstrated competency via professional certification or registration, or equivalent in areas where certification is not available
- Fluent in Dutch and English (Verbal and writing)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (verbally & in writing) with a hands-on and practical attitude
- Effective leadership skills, including influencing with no direct formal authority
- Driver license B
- Working experience within the (petro-)chemical industry will be an advantage
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive, with an ability to anticipate, identify and resolve potential issues
This awaits you… A wide range of benefits including competitive pay, teammates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles in an international setting. Your development never stops.
Interested to join us? Then apply now!
Job Segment: Industrial Hygiene, R&D Engineer, Sustainability, Refinery, R&D, Engineering, Energy, Research